The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Rainy days and Mondays always find me in my sewing room.  I don't know about the rest of you, but here in coastal North Carolina, we have been having torrential downpours for the past 4 days.  I love it because what else can you do except hole up in the studio and be creative.  I feel sorry for all the people who are vacationing at the beach, but really.....I can't be out playing in the sunshine every day!
whoooo loves a rainy day?
So I guess this weeks motivational Monday is all about rain.
But, there is a bright side.  Have you all seen this summers' edition of the SAQA Journal?   The featured artist is Eileen Doughty, our very talented SAQA member from Virginia.  Looking at Eileen's work is like seeing a rainbow after the storm....very beautiful and inspiring!
Rainbow altered in Photoshop 
After the Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment