The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Houston International Quilt Festival




Good Morning.  Let's continue with  more pictures  of the quilts in the World of Beauty Quilt competition in Houston this year.  There are so many wonderful quilts to see and I wish I could post photos of them all but with over 500 images on my camera, that would be very difficult.  As I mentioned before, you can view the winners on the IQA web site, so here I'll  post a small sampling from the various categories.  First, are some from  Art-Naturescapes, (one of my favorites).
The Afterglow of Summer by Bizhao Zheng

WaterFall by Marianne Williamson

Heaven on Earth by Ann Harwell

Skinny Dip Falls by Eileen Williams

Autumn Freshet by Noriko Endo



And here are a few  eye catching quilts from the  Digital Imagery category.


The Water Boy by Marilyn Wall and Gail Sexton


California Dreaming by Diane Rusin Doran
Jimmy's General Store by Tonya Littmann


So that wraps it up for today.
Hope these inspire you to create!



No comments:

Post a Comment