The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Good Monday Morning!  Well, this will be my final posting with some pictures from the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  I wish I was more organized and had written down the information for each image, but if you have ever been to Quilt Festival, you will realize that that is impossible.  There is so much going on that an entire week is barely enough time to see everything and squeeze in some shopping!  So, with that lame excuse, I am going to show a small sampling from one of the many special exhibits..........Reflections, presented by the Dinner at Eight Artists.






And here are a few quilts from the quilt competition, Art-Painted Surface.



Incognito by Melanie Marr

Painting the Town #1 by Laura Wasilowski

The Pod of Life by Nancy Sterett Martin

Yellow Mellow in Paradise by Andrea Brokenshire



Perhaps the November images have inspired you to make some fabulous quilts.  I know I am always ready to get back to work after my return from Houston.  It's very inspiring and energizing!

I also want to take this opportunity to let you know about a upcoming SAQA mentorship webinar;  SAQA International Artists Webinar, which will be presented on Dec.9th at 1pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about some of our international artists and their inspirations, and is open to all SAQA members.  Here is the link to register.  https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/590156439

As always, if you have any information you would like me to pass along to our region, just let me know.
Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment