The art quilt is a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Spotlight on the 2014 International Quilt Festival in Houston

Good Morning.  I have been eagerly awaiting this Monday morning so I could continue to share some images from the Houston Quilt Festival that are not on the winners page but are all pretty amazing works of art.
One of the fun things about the Houston show is the variety of special exhibits.  There were over 40 different special exhibits and here are a few shots of one the was fun and lighthearted.








 I really don't envy the judges their job.  With so many excellent and innovative quilts, the selection of the prize winners must be difficult.

Here is an example of a very wonderful competition quilt from the embellishment category.  It is all designed with buttons.
Red Sunflower by Susan Bianchi


These quilts are some competition quilts from the Art-People, Portraits, and Figures category.
I Love You More! by Laurie Mayo


Chasing Bubbles by Hiroko Miyama and Masanobu Miyama

My Son by Chi Chen Wen

Darn, I can't find where i wrote the title and maker of this quilt.....sorry.

The Flowers Which Bloom Someday by Kumiko Ishii

 I'll post more next week.. Until then, if you have any news to share with other members from our SAQA region, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment